Thursday 25 October 2012

Hydrangeas in Braunschweig.

The fog of the last few days has lifted, and it was a pleasure to go out in the fresh air today in not in a dismal blanket of low cloud.  These two photos were taken in the Botanical Gardens in Braunschweig in bright sunshine.  I found them today when I was putting the finishing touches to a Power Point talk,  I will be giving  to the "Bath/Braunschweig Twinning Group" in the Guildhall in Bath on Friday.  I will talk and show photos for about 30 minutes, and initially assembled 45 photos, which I have now whittled down to 35.   Still too many I think, but it is better to have too many rather than too few.   My talk is called, "Summer Months in Braunschweig" and starts with a photo of a view from my window of a summer sunrise, and ends with a photo of a beautiful rainbow arc over my flat in Timmerlah on a wet summer evening.
 
I shall swot up tonight on the history and stories behind some of my photos, and hopefully I will be prepared for any questions that might be asked.  I'm sure some of the members of the Twinning group with know more about the city than I do..
 
 
A friend rang on Tuesday to say that she is visiting a friend in hospital in Bath on Friday, and would I like to go with her.   Of course I cannot visit the hospital,  but I now have a companion on the bus to help the hour long journey pass by.  The bus leaves Devizes at 11.37, and I should be in Bath by 12.45, traffic jams permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment